Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. We work in around 120 countries to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children International in Kosovo/a works through direct interventions, and establishment of best practices; capacity building of civil society and local duty bearers to respond to the needs of girls and boys. It also advocates for legislation and policies to incorporate inclusive practices and establish financial mechanisms to support systemic responses and therefore achieve long-lasting positive changes for all girls and boys.
Through the project “Strengthening Social Service Provision for the most Vulnerable Groups in Kosovo in Response to Covid-19”, financed by European Union Office in Kosovo, Save the Children International in Kosova/o aims to contribute to an effective transformation of social services system in Kosovo to improve quality and availability of the local social and community based services for children and vulnerable people living at social risk. This will be achieved through three (3) components.
- Scope of the Assignment
Save the Children International in Kosova/o is seeking a local independent expert consultant / certified trainer with professional experience to deliver Training of Trainers based on Module from Kosovo Institution of Public Administration – KIPA in line with Capabilities of selected trainers selected by General Council for Social and Family Services – GCSFS. Furthermore, engaged expert / trainer it is expected to:
- Analyze existing problems and challenges in the system of Social and Family Services provided in the Kosovo, including central and local levels;
- Develop training materials, module for participants through consultation with responsible staff from KIPA; GCSFS and Save the Children;
- Prepare training materials, including agenda, pre and posttests for evaluation purposes in consultation with responsible staff from KIPA; GCSFS and Save the Children;
- Conduct the Training of Trainers, present and elaborates related theme “Training Skills”;
- Provide knowledge on methodology and techniques of the training, managing, implementing and evaluation of the training;
- Prepare a descriptive report for the entire training, including objectives, implementation and findings from the evaluation of the training;
- Consult all existing documents, studies, reports, evaluations, preliminary-concept papers on the sector provided by the Department of Social and Family Services;
- Consult the regional experience of Western Balkan countries as well as the best practices of the region in the field of social services.
- Expected Deliverables
- The required output of this consultancy will be to support the development of a training of trainers and train GC, CSW, DSFP representatives on the developed program, to:
- It is finalized the package of Training of Trainers for the Module Training Skills (based on methodology and approach from KIPA);
- Strengthen the capacities of representatives of GCSFS
- Conduct two 2 days trainings /workshops with representatives selected from GCSFS;
- Evaluation and preparation the process of certification of participants, based on results from their participation on the Training of Trainers.
- Consultancy Duration and Timeframe
The expert will be engaged for a period of maximum up to 8 working days, between August 15th and September 15th, 2021. All preliminary preparations, data analysis, meetings with representatives of Department of Social and Family Policies, Save the Children, and other parties, the development of Training program for Trainers, conducting the training for trainers, as well as the final consultations on the product to be submitted, must be completed within the stated timeframe.
- Qualifications required
The expert must possess the following qualifications:
- University degree in the field of Social Services / Public Administration (with accompanying background work of social work, psychology, sociology, public policy, local/central governance, human rights, etc.). Master degree in one of these fields would be an asset.
- Certificate on providing Training of Trainers based on methodology described within this TOR;
- Proven experience on drafting Training programs and ToT;
- Proven experience on conducting trainings to a wide audience with various backgrounds;
- Proven experience in research and/or provision of social and family services;
- Ability to produce high quality products on time;
- Excellent command of English and Albanian (written/spoken). Serbian would be an asset;
- Analytical skills to understand and explain complicated ideas and problems in a simple and understandable language;
- Ability to make visual presentation of data (including tables and similar graphics) for easier understanding purposes;
- Ability to produce well-written reports, in reader-friendly format, demonstrating excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Save the Children Child Safeguarding Policy:
As a condition of entering into a consultancy agreement, the expert must sign Save the Children International Child Safeguarding Policy and abide by the terms and conditions thereof.
Please submit your offer via e-mail to [email protected] with the subject: “EU SS – GC Your offer should include the following:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- A cover letter with a maximum of two pages outlining your interest to carry out the work as described in this TOR;
- Examples of previous work on similar complicity;
- Financial Offer in EUR gross amount (before any legal deductions) for performing the work according to the days and a dynamic plan.
Deadline for submission of your Application: August, 9th 2021 at 16:00 CET.
- Selection Criteria
Submissions will be evaluated in consideration of the evaluation criteria as stated below: